Windsor Park is an elementary school of 180 students. We service the Windsor Park Community and are the school of choice for many students who live outside our community boundaries. Proximity to the University of Alberta makes Windsor Park a choice for many University and hospital staff members. The school leases space to the University and Community Early Learning Centre. We have a reputation for excellence in academics and have a close working relationship with our parents and community. The school enjoys a wonderful family atmosphere.
Windsor Park School can be identified by the following factors:
- focus on academic achievement in the core subjects of Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies
- excellent student achievement on district and provincial tests
- caring, committed staff focused on a child-centred program
- motivated student population with excellent parental support
- active and supportive School Council
- integrated computer programming for students in Kindergarten to Grade 6
- French as a Second Language for students in Grades 4 to 6
- co-curricular activities such as choir, chess club and running club
- close relationships with University of Alberta; study buddy and practicum experiences
- extensive participation by parent and community volunteers
- capped enrolment with one class per grade
It is a pleasure to welcome you to a new school year at Windsor Park School, a small school that achieves great things! Our school has an established reputation for its talented, committed and skilled staff, a parent community that is supportive and involved, and students who work hard to achieve excellent results. Teachers provide challenging and appropriate learning opportunities to meet student needs within a safe and caring learning environment that promotes responsibility, well-being and positive relationships. We look forward to working with all of our students and parents to ensure a positive year of growing, learning and teaching. Together, we succeed!